[Pacemaker] Dependent Resources

Schaefer, Diane E diane.schaefer at unisys.com
Wed Jun 9 09:19:16 EDT 2010

>> Hi,

>> I have a parent resource(A) with two others that depend on it (B, C). The

>> resources of B and C will not run if A is not running. I would like to

>> monitor B and C in addition to A for availability.

>> I defined collocation and order constraints as follows

>> colocation colocation-A-B inf: B A

>> colocation colocation-C-A inf: C A

>> order order-B inf: A:start B:start

>> order order-C inf:A:start C:start

>> I appear to get deadlocked. Here is the sequence

>> Monitor of A reports OK

>> A goes down, causes B and C to also fail.

>> Monitor of B reports not running.

>> Start of B fails since A not running.

>> Monitor of A reports not running.

>> Start of B continues to try but never succeeds since A is not running.

>> I see A continues to be monitored but no action taken. The cluster seems

>> fixed on trying to start B first.

>> Any suggestions?

>Not without the rest of your config or logs I'm afraid

I have a script that gathered up info on both nodes of my cluster.  I can send the logs and configs.  How do I get them to you to take a look?  Just let me know which files you would need.  This has happened on a few of our test clusters after intensive failure testing.  In this instance it is on the non-DC node.

Thanks for your help,
Diane Schaefer