[Pacemaker] Dependent resources

Schaefer, Diane E diane.schaefer at unisys.com
Thu Jun 3 14:46:49 EDT 2010

Hi,

I have a parent resource(A) with two others that depend on it (B, C).  The resources of B and C will not run if A is not running.  I would like to monitor B and C in addition to A for availability.

I defined collocation and order constraints as follows
colocation colocation-A-B inf: B A
colocation colocation-C-A inf: C A
order order-B inf: A:start B:start
order order-C inf:A:start C:start

I appear to get deadlocked.  Here is the sequence...
Monitor of A reports OK
A goes down - causes B and C to also fail.
Monitor of B reports not running.
Start of B fails since A not running.
Monitor of A reports not running.
Start of B continues to try but never succeeds since A is not running.

I see A continues to be monitored but no action taken.  The cluster seems fixed on trying to start B first.

Any suggestions?

Diane Schaefer