[Pacemaker] howto migrate between linux-ha wiki

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Fri Jan 29 08:16:31 EST 2010

On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 10:46:35AM +0100, Dejan Muhamedagic wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 07:22:34PM +0100, Lars Ellenberg wrote:

> > > What I meant is this: old page A is transferred to a new wiki
> > > page A', then url(A) could redirect to url(A')
> >
> > I can try and add that information to the
> > 404 message.
> > so we would then just remove the old page,
> > it would get the
> > 	404 not found, you may want to try this instead
> > message.  ok?
>
> No, I meant html redirect. I think that was 302.

Sure.
But I don't want broken links to persist forever.
People should _notice_ that the old links are no longer valid.
And correct the referring pages, if possible.

Thats why I suggest to modify the content of the
page returned for "no such page",
where it currently just says: for documentation, please look there...
I can easily add an explicit link to a guessed new location.
Then we remove the old page, so it will no longer be found,
and are done with it.

A redirect (selectivly for migrated pages...) would need to be put in
some mapping table, and someone has to maintain that table.  And People
will then not notice broken links, and keep referring to them.

But, yes, if you volunteer to maintain the mapping,
technically we can easily tell apache to redirect.

--
: Lars Ellenberg