[Pacemaker] SLES 11 ocf:heartbeat:drbd versus ocf:linbit:drbd

Raoul Bhatia [IPAX] r.bhatia at ipax.at
Wed Jan 27 06:08:02 EST 2010

On 01/27/2010 11:26 AM, Oliver Ladner wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Can someone please tell me the difference between the resource agents ocf:heartbeat:drbd and ocf:linbit:drbd?
>
> I'm using the legacy heartbeat:drbd agent at the moment, as drbd on SLES 11 is only at 8.2.7. Problem is that the two-node cluster only moves the drbd resource when the active node is manually set to standby, but not when an error occures (shutdown etc.). So I wondered if that problem is related to using ocf:heartbeat:drbd.

ocf:heartbeat:drbd is legacy and only there because ppl still use it.

ocf:linbit:drbd is created and maintained by linbit, the company behind
drbd. this one is recommended for recent drbd releases (and drbd
recent packages should also ship with this one)

i cannot comment if this one works with 8.2.7 thou.
i'm using it with 8.3.x only.

cheers,
DI (FH) Raoul Bhatia M.Sc.          email.          r.bhatia at ipax.at
Technischer Leiter

IPAX - Aloy Bhatia Hava OEG         web.          http://www.ipax.at
Barawitzkagasse 10/2/2/11           email.            office at ipax.at
1190 Wien                           tel.               +43 1 3670030
FN 277995t HG Wien                  fax.            +43 1 3670030 15