[Pacemaker] Announce: Pacemaker 1.0.7 (stable) Released

Andreas Mock Andreas.Mock at web.de
Wed Jan 20 04:29:23 EST 2010

> -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
> Von: "Andrew Beekhof" <andrew at beekhof.net>
> Gesendet: 18.01.10 21:30:32
> An: pacemaker at oss.clusterlabs.org
> Betreff: Re: [Pacemaker] Announce: Pacemaker 1.0.7 (stable) Released

> Done. Please let me know how it goes.

Hi Andrew,

first feedback on package management.

Experiences made with ncurses yast installer openSuSE 11.2:
a) Repository added with
zypper ar http://clusterlabs.org/rpm/opensuse-11.2/clusterlabs.repo
zypper refresh

works fine.

b) Installation with ncurses Yast
* The installation of "pacemaker" seems to pull corosync and heartbeat
but NOT openais. Yes, now I know that this is enough for pacemaker only.

* The picture http://clusterlabs.org/mediawiki/images/thumb/c/c7/Install_Dependancies.png/400px-Install_Dependancies.png
is misleading at this point.
I would recommend to update this picture so that pacemaker needs/is dependent on/pulls
corosync with libraries BUT not openais. Add another bubble on the same level as pacemaker
with openais being dependent on corosync.

* Please add an hint in the documentation what you told me in the other
mail IMHO it's helpful.
- pacemaker needs corosync
- openais needs corosync
- cLVM and others (upper level cluster services) need DLM  and that needs openais

More feedback following...  ;-)

Best regards
Andreas Mock