[Pacemaker] [BUG] Clone + group = orphan(s) ?

Thomas Guthmann tguthmann at iseek.com.au
Wed Jan 6 00:35:10 EST 2010

Hi Andrew

> Any chance you could download the latest tarball and try that?
>     http://hg.clusterlabs.org/pacemaker/stable-1.0/archive/1aa7cf1450e4.tar.bz2

Awesome! No more orphans ! \o/
Everything is working now, it's clean and tidy.

*But* ... there is a small regression in the crm tool. When I clone a
group, crm used to update the location constraints by the name of the
clone instead of the group name. Does "updated" mean deleted now ? :) So
for the moment I re-add all constraints manually after the clone command.

crm(live)configure# show loc-tom-lo-vip-ns1
location loc-tom-lo-vip-ns1 tom-DNS \
         rule $id="rule-tom-lo-vip-ns1" +inf: anycast-server-location eq
tom and anycast-server-type eq dns
crm(live)configure# clone tom-DNS-clone tom-DNS meta clone-max=2
INFO: resource references in location:loc-tom-lo-vip-ns1 updated
INFO: resource references in location:loc-tom-lo-vip-dns1 updated
INFO: resource references in location:loc-tom-named updated
INFO: resource references in location:loc-tom-lo-vip-dns2 updated
INFO: resource references in location:loc-tom-lo-vip-ns2 updated
crm(live)configure# show loc-tom-lo-vip-ns1
crm(live)configure#

Many thanks for your great support Andrew.

Last request, could you add a vocabulary page in the wiki (or can you
create me an account) and add the orphan description you gave in a email
1 months ago because otherwise it's written no where.

"Orphan resources are those for which there are entry in the status
section, but no definition in the resources section.
The cluster basically thinks you haven't defined the vip resource for
some reason."

Cheers,
-Thomas