[Pacemaker] displaying failcounts with crm_mon --failcounts

Schaefer, Diane E diane.schaefer at unisys.com
Wed Jan 27 15:12:54 EST 2010

Hi,
  I am using Pacemaker 1.0.6.  I noticed when I use crm_mon --failcounts when I have a resource in the failed state I get the migration threshold and the fail-count
Migration summary:
* Node qpr2:
   default_route: migration-threshold=5 fail-count=6 last-failure='Wed Jan 27 14:47:49 2010'
* Node qpr1:
   default_route: migration-threshold=5 fail-count=6 last-failure='Wed Jan 27 14:47:45 2010'

Failed actions:
    default_route_start_0 (node=qpr2, call=54, rc=1, status=complete): unknown error
    default_route_start_0 (node=qpr1, call=57, rc=1, status=complete): unknown error

.  However, once the resource starts successfully, the fail-count is no longer displayed.
Migration summary:
* Node qpr2:
   default_route: migration-threshold=5 last-failure='Wed Jan 27 14:47:49 2010'
* Node qpr1:
   default_route: migration-threshold=5 last-failure='Wed Jan 27 14:47:45 2010'

What is the thinking behind this? I was hoping to be able to pull the fail-count of resources from the summary so that I could compare against the migration threshold and reset the fail-count when above the threshold.

Diane Schaefer