[Pacemaker] running same resource on each node

Schaefer, Diane E diane.schaefer at unisys.com
Mon Jan 25 09:58:09 EST 2010

Hi,
  I would like to configure a single lsb resource that will run on both nodes of my cluster.  I am using Pacemaker 1.0.6 and Heartbeat 3.0.2. This resource needs to be always running on each node, but only running once per node. If it stops, I want the cluster to restart it.  But only on the one node, no switching to the other node.  I also need to control each resource as separate, meaning stopping the resource on one side at a time.  I've configured the resource and used location constraints to force each resource to a particular node.  This doesn't seem to be enough since the monitor action is called on both sides for both resources.  After STONITH I also noticed I sometimes get errors where the cluster wants to start each resource on the same side, resulting in a try to start the resource twice.  I also tried to define this as a clone, but stopping the resource, stopped both sides.  Any help would be appreciated.

Here is my current config:
<primitive class="lsb" id="interconnect-1" type="iclauncher-1.1">
    <operations>
      <op id="interconnect-1-monitor-2m" interval="2m" name="monitor" timeout="2m"/>
      <op id="interconnect-1-start-0" interval="0" name="start" timeout="60s" on-fail="restart"/>
    </operations>
  </primitive>
  <primitive class="lsb" id="interconnect-2" type="iclauncher-1.1">
    <operations>
      <op id="interconnect-2-monitor-2m" interval="2m" name="monitor" timeout="2m"/>
      <op id="interconnect-2-start-0" interval="0" name="start" timeout="60s" on-fail="restart"/>
    </operations>
  </primitive>
 </resources>
<constraints>
  <rsc_location id="location-interconnect-2" node="NODE1" rsc="interconnect-2" score="-INFINITY"/>
  <rsc_location id="location-interconnect-1" node="NODE2" rsc="interconnect-1" score="-INFINITY"/>
</constraints>

Diane Schaefer