[Pacemaker] cli configuration and resource sets

Cristian Mammoli - Apra Sistemi c.mammoli at apra.it
Thu Feb 18 11:33:53 EST 2010

Dejan Muhamedagic wrote:

>> Last packages from clusterlabs repo: should be ok?
>
> I'm really not sure. See the bugzilla above. The problem is that
> at the time of 1.0.7 the CRM and the shell were out of sync on
> the matter.

My package has build date: Wed 10 Feb 2010

It should be fixed, indeed the xml syntax of a test resource has the
score only at "rsc_colocation" level.

>> Where can I find some examples of resource sets through the cli?
>
> The doc on crm cli: http://www.clusterlabs.org/doc/crm_cli.html
> but the resource sets are not described. I'll fix that tomorrow.

Thank you

>> Basically what I want is
>>
>> Promote resource A master on some node
>> Then Start resource B on the same node
>> Then Start resources C,D,E unordered on the same node
>>
>> Is colocation sufficient or i need both an order constraint and a
>> colo constraint?
>
> What you described above is order of operations:
>
> order o1 inf: A:promote B:start ( C D E )

http://www.clusterlabs.org/doc/en-US/Pacemaker/1.0/html/Pacemaker_Explained/s-resource-sets-collocation.html
What's the purpose of the last example at chapther 6.6 of "pacemaker
explained" then?

Isn't it supposed to do what I want?
Basically what I want to achieve is the same behaviour of an unordered
group of heartbeat 2.1.4.
Isn't there a way to obtain the same? Now if i have 10 unordered
resources I should write 10 colocation constraints and 10 order
constraints instead of 1.

> It should look like that. Anyway, you'll probably have to wait for
> 1.0.8. Or grab current sources.

I'll wait for the RPMs (and the documentation as well).

Bye

--
Cristian Mammoli
APRA SISTEMI srl