[Pacemaker] drbd doesn't work on simple 2-node cluster.

Kees chkoehoorn at live.nl
Fri Feb 12 10:52:33 EST 2010

Hello Alexandr,

I came from a 3-node cluster, so i had  symmetric-cluster="false"
configured.
But things did not work and I went back to a 2-node situation just to
check if that was still working. My 2-node setup was working but with
symmetric-cluster="true".
I forgot about it. So puting this back and removing
target-role="Started" from the MS-resource did the trick.
As I understand when you tell the cluster it is symmetric it knows there
are two nodes, and figuring out where to put the MS resource is not so
difficult.
But when there are more then two nodes, the cluster is not symmetric
anymore, you have to configure where to put the MS resource as i
understand from Andrews answer.
The thing about not to configure target-role="Started" is not clear to
me, but i gues it has something to do the 'order' thing where the ms
resource gets promoted.