[Pacemaker] How to really disable stonith?

Alexandr Krylovskiy wing at tversu.ru
Fri Feb 12 04:50:45 EST 2010

On Thu, 11 Feb 2010 12:00:55 +0100
Andrew Beekhof <andrew at beekhof.net> wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 11:58 AM, Alexandr Krylovskiy <wing at tversu.ru> wrote:
> >  I have two-nodes cluster with openAIS and Pacemaker. After rebooting one of
> >  the nodes, on the another one I'm getting:
> >
> > ERROR: te_connect_stonith: Sign-in  failed: triggered a retry
> > crmd: [2451]: info: te_connect_stonith: Attempting connection to fencing
> >  daemon... crmd: [2451]: ERROR: stonithd_signon: Can't initiate connection
> > to stonithd
>
> we connect to the stonith daemon even if we never use it

So, /usr/lib/heartbeat/stonithd should be started at the boot time (invoked by
corosync)?
Then, I think, there are some problems with pacemaker initialization in Debian
(latest packages from madkiss repo).
After boot time the corosync process tree is:
/usr/sbin/corosync
 \_ /usr/sbin/corosync
 \_ /usr/lib/heartbeat/cib
 \_ /usr/lib/heartbeat/lrmd