[Pacemaker] ocf:heartbeat:mysql RA: op monitor

Oscar Remí­rez de Ganuza Satrústegui oscarrdg at unav.es
Wed Feb 10 10:19:41 EST 2010

Hello list!

Lars Ellenberg escribió:
> On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 10:31:52AM +0100, Oscar Remí­rez de Ganuza Satrústegui wrote:
>

>> So, the monitor operation is working ok if the mysql service is
>> stopped (kill -KILL), but not if the service is "hung" (kill
>> -SIGSTOP).
>> And that even withouth defining the test_user on the mysql server.
>> Very odd indeed.
>>

> Not at all.
> If you look at the script,
> you will notice that for $OCF_CHECK_LEVEL = 0,
> a simple "exists a process with that pid" check is made,
> which of course is true for merely stopped processes.
>
> Only for OCF_CHECK_LEVEL != 0, the test query is done.

I had no idea of the monitor's OCF_CHECK_LEVEL parameter.
I think it is a really nice option being able of choosing different
check levels for the monitor operation.

I have configured that option on my resources (1), and now it is
checking the mysql service status using the SELECT!
Everything is working as expected now!

Thank you very much for your invaluable help!

Regards,

(1) op monitor interval="30s" timeout="30s" OCF_CHECK_LEVEL="1" \

---
Oscar Remírez de Ganuza
Servicios Informáticos
Universidad de Navarra