[Pacemaker] Error compiling Pacemaker 1.0.7- Please help

Jayakrishnan jayakrishnanlll at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 05:45:33 EST 2010

On Fri, Feb 5, 2010 at 2:22 AM, Andrew Beekhof <andrew at beekhof.net> wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 7:40 PM, Jayakrishnan <jayakrishnanlll at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Sir,
> >
> > First of all sorry if I am making a silly question!!!
> >
> > My task is to configure a 2 node ubuntu cluster with postgres database
> > replication. I have completed the replication part with with Slony1. now
> > need to configure Cluster in Ubuntu (Version 8.1 server).
> > I have compiled and installed the 'cluster glue, resource Agents and
> > Heartbeat' successfully. All source tar balls are downloaded from the
> > linux-ha.ord site and all are latest tarballs. Now I need to install the
> > pacemaker. But while using 'make' its giving error.
> >

> > last part:
> > /usr/lib/ld: cannot find -lperl
>
> Install the perl development libraries.
>
> Yes sir, It worked... I just installed
'libperl-dev_5.10.0-11.1ubuntu2.3_i386.deb' and
'perl-suid_5.10.0-11.1ubuntu2.3_i386.deb' packages which were missing in my
machine..

But please add these packages to the dependency lists  in "
http://launchpadlibrarian.net/33018479/Dependencies.txt if it is required..

The text file above in thw web page shows the dependencies for pace maker
but the libperl-dev is missing in it.. Please consider these two packages
also to add in it if required....

Also can you please advice me how to configure IP fail over using
pacemaker.. I want to configure a cluster IP (shared between the 2 nodes in
the cluster) for use for the application to access database. Also I want to
run a script for Slony1 as mentioned above.
Kindly advice me..

> collect2: Id returned 1 exit status
> > gmake[1]: ***crm_mon Error 1
> > gmake[1]: Leaving directory '/root/Pacemaker-1-0-6f6742618b0/tools'
> > make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1.
> >
> > I have tried to install using latest version 1.0.7, but with no help. I
> have
> > attached the log files that I have 'tee'ed during compiling and I also
> > attached the .specs file. Please help me .
> >
> > I just want to do an IP failover anmd run a script for slony replication
> > failover master and slave. The script for the slony failover is ready. I
> > just need to make an IP fail over to work. Can I do it withour
> pacemaker.. i
> > can also send you my ha.cf and haresources files if needed. Please help.
> >
> > With Thanksand Regards,
> > Jayakrishnan. L
> >
> > --
> > Regards,