[Pacemaker] Error compiling pPacemaker 1.0.7- Please help

Jayakrishnan jayakrishnanlll at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 12:42:33 EST 2010

Sir,

First of all sorry if I am making a silly question!!!

My task is to configure a 2 node ubuntu cluster with postgres database
replication. I have completed the replication part with with Slony1. now I
need to configure Cluster in Ubuntu (Version 8.1 server).
I have compiled and installed the 'cluster glue, resource Agents and
Heartbeat' successfully. All source tar balls are downloaded from the
linux-ha.ord site and all are latest tarballs. Now I need to install the
pacemaker. But while using 'make' its giving error.

last part:
/usr/lib/ld: cannot find -lperl
collect2: Id returned 1 exit status
gmake[1]: ***crm_mon Error 1
gmake[1]: Leaving directory '/root/Pacemaker-1-0-6f6742618b0/tools'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1.

I have tried to install using latest version 1.0.7, but with no help. I have
attached the log files that I have 'tee'ed during compiling and I also
attached the .specs file. Please help me .

I just want to do an IP failover anmd run a script for slony replication to
failover master and slave. The script for the slony failover is ready. I
just need to make an IP fail over to work. Can I do it withour pacemaker.. i
can also send you my ha.cf and haresources files if needed. Please help.

With Thanksand Regards,
Jayakrishnan. L

Jayakrishnan. L

Visit: www.jayakrishnan.bravehost.com