[Pacemaker] cLVM and openSuSE

Lars Marowsky-Bree lmb at suse.de
Thu Feb 4 04:54:29 EST 2010

On 2010-01-20T09:49:09, Andreas Mock <Andreas.Mock at web.de> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> does anyone have experiences with cLVM in openSuSE?
> Currently the version 2.02.45 is part of the openSuSE 11.2
> distribution. Looking at the cLVM project page you can find
> version 2.02.58. Even more: Looking at the changelog gives
> the feeling that some changes happend meanwhile which
> are not only cosmetic ones.
>
> Is cLVM production ready?

Yes. However, admittedly, openSUSE is not a primary target right now
(which probably is not a good answer, sorry), since we are very busy
working on the SLE HA distribution.

Once I'm done with the major effort there right now, I plan on getting
it all pushed to openSUSE Factory / 11.3, but the openSUSE 11.2 versions
are lagging behind what I'd personally consider "good to use".

> Or is it more same to use LVM and be careful whithin the
> cluster environment (as we did and do for years now)?

IMHO, this is very unsafe and bordering on insanity ;-) The problem is
that there's absolutely no protection against adminstrative mistakes.

You're probably better off compiling from source or using new upstream
packages.

Regards,
    Lars

--
Architect Storage/HA, OPS Engineering, Novell, Inc.