[Pacemaker] Need an idea for dynamic configuration dependng on resource distribution

Florian Haas florian.haas at linbit.com
Thu Apr 29 03:06:44 EDT 2010

On 04/29/2010 12:15 AM, Andreas Mock wrote:
> [...]

Are you talking about innodb_buffer_pool_size?

If so, and regardless of the fact that this is beside the point of what
you are asking about, but if you use a buffer pool that's "as much as
possible", you'll potentially suffer pretty dramatic failover times due
to InnoDB recovery after a node crash. If you're on shared storage or
DRBD, that is. Your data would be safe but your MySQL might take minutes
or even hours to recover on startup. The webinar we did about the new
replication features in the MySQL RA covers this in some more detail.

Just my €.02.

Florian