[Pacemaker] Searching for a viable Debian solution

Paul Gear paul at gear.dyndns.org
Sat Apr 24 02:02:19 EDT 2010

On 24/04/10 15:05, Quentin Smith wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
> Current clvm actually supports multiple locking schemes, including both
> the old redhat cluster stack and modern corosync/openais. We use Ubuntu
> Hardy with backported corosync and clvm packages, and it works pretty
> well. Hand-backporting is not for the faint of heart, though.
>
> --Quentin

>> - cLVM - requires the Red Hat cluster stack and conflicts with the
>> current corosync/openais/pacemaker versions. This would be my
>> preferred solution if it were possible to use LVs from the same VG on
>> different nodes simultaneously. I'm not sure whether this is possible,
>> because the cLVM documentation is almost non-existent, and i couldn't
>> find answers to any of my big questions.

Thanks for the thoughts Quentin.  Would you mind sharing your current
versions (of clvm, corosync, openais, and pacemaker) and VM technology?

I agree about hand-backporting - i'd be more inclined to run unstable
than to hand-backport.

Any ideas on whether LVs in the same VG can be used on different hosts
simultaneously with cLVM?

Paul