[Pacemaker] Best stonith-action, reset or poweroff

Matthew Palmer mpalmer at hezmatt.org
Wed Apr 14 06:29:16 EDT 2010

On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 09:11:43AM +0200, Ivan Coronado wrote:
> I was wondering what is the better stonith-action. If I set reboot but
> the node doesn't restart (damaged motherboard or not power, for example)
> resources do not ever migrate. So it would be better set stonith-action
> to poweroff, right?

I prefer poweroff, for the simple reason that if something's exploded to the
point that it needed STONITH, I'd much prefer to run without redunancy until
I can take a look at the situation and make sure that there's not going to
be any more problems.  Having a machine come back up, then explode again,
repeatedly, is far more disruptive to service.

- Matt