[Pacemaker] Monitoring node

Paul Graydon paul at ehawaii.gov
Wed Apr 14 18:28:34 EDT 2010

Hi,

Just batting a few ideas around in my head regarding the cluster.  I've
got two servers that are clustered, but have other servers around
providing other functions.  What I was wondering was if it was possible
to have one of those other servers act as another member of the cluster
purely for voting / monitoring, never for the actual service?  We have
APC power switches that could be used for stonith purposes but I'm
extremely reluctant to do that in a two node cluster.  With three nodes
keeping an eye on things I'd feel a lot more confident.

If I'm barking up the wrong tree, feel free to tell me :)

Paul

--
Paul Graydon
Senior Systems Administrator
paul at ehawaii.gov
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
This email and any attachments are confidential.  If you
are not the intended recipient, you do not have permission
to disclose, copy, distribute, or open any attachments.  If
you have received this email in error, please notify us
immediately by returning it to the sender and delete this
copy from your system.

Thank you.
Hawaii Information Consortium, LLC