[Pacemaker] RFC: Compacting constraints

Lars Marowsky-Bree lmb at suse.de
Fri Oct 30 13:15:34 EDT 2009

On 2009-10-30T15:28:00, Dejan Muhamedagic <dejanmm at fastmail.fm> wrote:

> > > BTW, I guess that there are other CIB phrases which are commonly in
> > > use.
> > Right, but I think the "order A after B; collocation B with A" is likely
> > the most common expression; we've got to start somewhere ;-)
> Groups :) It's just that ms resources can't belong to a group.

Groups aren't powerful enough for a variety of reasons.

Resources can only be part of one group, for example.  And
ordering/collocating an unordered/uncollocated group with a clone also
doesn't work.

My educated guess is that this is because groups were meant to handle
simple things, and abusing them for something complex doesn't work out
well ;-)

Regards,
    Lars

--
Architect Storage/HA, OPS Engineering, Novell, Inc.