[Pacemaker] Looking for correct constraints

Lars Marowsky-Bree lmb at suse.de
Fri Oct 30 13:06:56 EDT 2009

On 2009-10-30T16:41:34, Andrew Beekhof <andrew at beekhof.net> wrote:

> >> This does not make any sense. Sorry, let me try again.
> >>
> >> res1 start = set attribute
> >> res1 stop = delete attribute
> >>
> >> rule for res2 with -inf score if attribute is set.
> >
> > better, just give all your nodes an attribute with the same value and
> > use a colocation constraint with a score-attribute (IIRC)
>
> sorry, s/score-attribute/node-attribute/

The problem with this obviously is that the attribute is not removed if
res1 has been fenced.

I still wonder what the use case is.

If I have a) resA and resB, b) resB should only run if resA doesn't.

So now resA fails. It'd be restarted elsewhere, negating the need for
resB to run.

What would cause resA to be unable to run anywhere else?

Regards,
    Lars

--
Architect Storage/HA, OPS Engineering, Novell, Inc.