[Pacemaker] Resource capacity limit

Raoul Bhatia [IPAX] r.bhatia at ipax.at
Fri Oct 30 08:40:47 EDT 2009

hi,

On 10/30/2009 01:20 PM, Lars Marowsky-Bree wrote:
> I think this is a two phase feature for the PE: The first phase is what
> you propose - make sure we do not overload any given node, basically
> implementing hard limits.
>
> The second phase would be for the PE to actually try to "optimize"
> placement, and try to solve the constraints imposed by the utilization
> versus capacity scores to a) place as many resources as possible
> successfully, and b) to either spread them thinly (load distribution) or
> condensed (load concentration, think power savings by being able to put
> some nodes to sleep).

i just want to let you know that i think that this is a marvelous
addition to pacemaker!

cheers,
raoul
DI (FH) Raoul Bhatia M.Sc.          email.          r.bhatia at ipax.at
Technischer Leiter

IPAX - Aloy Bhatia Hava OEG         web.          http://www.ipax.at
Barawitzkagasse 10/2/2/11           email.            office at ipax.at
1190 Wien                           tel.               +43 1 3670030
FN 277995t HG Wien                  fax.            +43 1 3670030 15