[Pacemaker] server lockup failures

Lars Marowsky-Bree lmb at suse.de
Fri Oct 30 06:10:55 EDT 2009

On 2009-10-29T09:58:13, Andrew Beekhof <andrew at beekhof.net> wrote:

> > Heartbeat based, I still didn't have the time to look into openais.
> I guess heartbeat wasn't hung then... otherwise it would have stopped
> sending "i'm here" packets (and dropped out of the membership list).

Both heartbeat and OpenAIS do quite try not to touch the IO layers to
avoid being struck by IO latencies.

Probably not even crmd needs to touch the fs, so it would still send its
DC keepalive packets and/or respond as the DC. Things like this need to
be caught via resource agent monitoring.

Regards,
    Lars

--
Architect Storage/HA, OPS Engineering, Novell, Inc.