[Pacemaker] "Follow and then push off"

Lars Marowsky-Bree lmb at suse.de
Wed Oct 28 15:38:16 EDT 2009

On 2009-10-28T12:42:38, Andrew Beekhof <andrew at beekhof.net> wrote:

> > I sort of like the approach, and wonder if we can do something similar?
> Its interesting, but sounds like a nightmare to configure.

Configuring this is not that difficult, I think, once one grokked the
rule - in theory, the two collocation constraints would work for us too,
if we had "weak" collocation constraints ...

(Which has some merits - "try to (not) collocate, if possible.")

> And how does it scale?  (ie. clone-max > 2 and/or master-max > 1)

It probably doesn't scale that well, but not everything needs that. In
turn, the "follow and push off" works for resource groups and for
resources that aren't m/s-aware.

Regards,
    Lars

--
Architect Storage/HA, OPS Engineering, Novell, Inc.