[Pacemaker] Load Balancing, Node Scores and Stickiness

Florian Haas florian.haas at linbit.com
Thu Oct 22 09:10:24 EDT 2009

On 10/22/2009 02:37 PM, Andrew Beekhof wrote:
>> I wondered, does it happen dynamically? If one resource starts using a
>> lot of resources, are the other migrated to other nodes?
>
> Not yet.
> Such a feature is planned though.
>
> At the moment pacemaker purely goes on the number of services it has
> allocated to the node.
> Total/Available RAM, CPU, HDD, none of these things are yet taken into account.

Are there any plans on how this feature would look like in more detail?
A daemon monitoring various performance indicators and updating node
attributes accordingly? Couldn't that be done today, as a cloneable
resource agent?

Or are you referring to missing features actually evaluating such
information, as in, rather than saying "run this resource on a node with
at load average of X or less", being able to say "run this resource on
the node with the currently lowest load average"?

Cheers,
Florian