[Pacemaker] mount of the same device from 2 nodes

Andrew Beekhof andrew at beekhof.net
Thu Oct 22 03:44:20 EDT 2009

On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 12:41 PM,  <coolpix880 at web.de> wrote:
> Hello
>
> I am running an active - active cluster (mutual takeover) on RedHat 5.
> - 2 Nodes, shared storage
> - heartbeat-3.0.0-33.2
> - pacemaker-1.0.5-4.1
> - stonith
> - 2 Oracle Databases for development and production, in failover state both runnung on one node.
>
> I configured a group for a "base", including ip and mountpoints
> and
> a group including Oracle Listener and database.
> I also configured, orders, preferred locations on this groups and all working fine (mostly).
>
> Twotimes I had a ugly situation in failover -state,

What type of failure?

> because the node running the basegroup before, doesn't stop Oracle, doesn't unmount the Oracle filesystems and the second node mounts it anyway. \

Do you have ordering constraints between the various groups?
This is how you tell the cluster which order to start/stop things in.

> It is for Oracle databases a disastrous situation, because the filesystems becomes partial distroyed and the databse is in a inconsistent state and needs a recovery of the whole datbase.
> Maybe it is a Split Brain situation and stonith should switch of the other node, and I am sure the solution is a better configuration of the cluster.

Do you have stonith configured?
If not, this might be worth reading:
   http://theclusterguy.clusterlabs.org/post/113230399/highly-available-data-corruption