[Pacemaker] Installation woes (w/Debian packages)

Matthew Palmer mpalmer at hezmatt.org
Fri Oct 16 06:03:38 EDT 2009

On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 10:50:44AM +0200, Raoul Bhatia [IPAX] wrote:
> On 10/16/2009 09:59 AM, Matthew Palmer wrote:
> >> (1 min later: http://wiki.github.com/camptocamp/puppet-pacemaker has
> >> no downloads, and no documentation; is it even remotely stable/ready
> >> for use?)
> >
> > No idea, we wrote our own pacemaker management manifests.  I've found
> > publically-available Puppet manifests to be uniformly poor quality,
> > undocumented, site-specific crap.
>
> matthew, is there a possibility that you either share your puppet
> configuration/manifests

That's not my call.  They're not my "property" (they're owned by my
employer), and I didn't write the vast majority of them myself anyway.

> and/or contribute to the puppet-pacemaker project?

Having just taken a look at the puppet-pacemaker project out of sheer
perverse curiosity, I can now say with authority that that's never going to
happen.  E-mail me privately if you'd like a frank list of what I think is
wrong -- or just look for stuff by me in the puppet list archives on the
subject of global variables, amongst other things.

- Matt