[Pacemaker] Installation woes (w/Debian packages)

Raoul Bhatia [IPAX] r.bhatia at ipax.at
Fri Oct 16 04:54:18 EDT 2009

On 10/16/2009 09:59 AM, Matthew Palmer wrote:
> If this were a single-machine service, I'd completely agree with you.
> Unfortunately, a cluster service like pacemaker needs to have absolutely
> consistent configuration across all the nodes in the cluster, and having it
> read off a file on disk would make that *amazingly* difficult and dangerous.
> I remember the fun and games I had dealing with cman (or whatever it was
> that went with that) and it's "read an XML config file and update everyone"
> model.  I'll take "crm configure edit" over that any day, TYVM.

to my knowledge, if no cib.xml file exists, pacemaker creates an empty
one with epoch="0" (or similar, to my experience at least < 100 ;) )

i've done the following steps numerous times:
1. stop pacemaker on all nodes
2. erase all cib.xml related files
3. drop a new cib.xml into the correct directory on one node
4. set the correct permissions
5. startup all nodes
6. witness the new configuration unfold

cheers,
raoul
DI (FH) Raoul Bhatia M.Sc.          email.          r.bhatia at ipax.at
Technischer Leiter

IPAX - Aloy Bhatia Hava OEG         web.          http://www.ipax.at
Barawitzkagasse 10/2/2/11           email.            office at ipax.at
1190 Wien                           tel.               +43 1 3670030
FN 277995t HG Wien                  fax.            +43 1 3670030 15