[Pacemaker] cluster refuses to start

Johan Verrept Johan.Verrept at able.be
Thu Oct 15 11:28:15 EDT 2009

On Thu, 2009-10-15 at 17:22 +0200, Dejan Muhamedagic wrote:

> Good patch, though it won't help you unless you create the
> directory which may not be exactly obvious, i.e. you would run
> into exactly the same problem,

I missed that. In my case the ${prefix}/var/lock dir exists already on
my system.

>  but just won't need to recompile,

You would, since the HA_VARLOCKDIR would be empty and it would try to
create the LCK files in the cwd

> and I wonder how many people would be capable of doing the
> problem analysis as you have done.

I'll take that as a compliment, thanks :)

>  Perhaps it'd be better to exit
> with error and thus force the user to create the directory first.
> What do you think?

That or fall back to the default ($prefix/var/lock) and create it during
the installation process.

	J.