[Pacemaker] Permission request for translating your document into Japanese

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Wed Oct 14 11:15:14 EDT 2009

On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 04:31:08PM +0200, Andrew Beekhof wrote:
> 2009/10/14 Motoharu Kubo <mkubo at 3ware.co.jp>:
> > Dear Mr. Andrew Beekhof,
> >
> > I would like to translate your "Pacemaker Configuration Explained" into
> > Japanese for my business and for Japanese users.  Could you permit me to
> > translate your doc and publish it?
>
> Absolutely, go for it.
>

> > In addition, if possible, could you send me the source file of this
> > document?
>
> Unless you have a mac, its not going to be very helpful.
> I've been using Pages.app to write the PDFs.
>
> I know Docbook is all the rage with the kids these days, but while I
> think XML is great for machine->machine interactions like messaging
> and configurations, I think it stinks for writing 100+ pages of
> documentation :-)
>
> > For your info, I am writing Japanese version with Docbook
> > XML.  I can convert it to PDF and HTML.  For your info, I attached
> > on-going PDF file.
>
> Is it worth adding this to the wiki already?
>

> > Currently I am working on "Cluster Resources" chapter and am expecting
> > to finish translation by the end of year.  I will be able to publish the
> > document in the form of HTML or PDF, if you prefer.
>
> Both would be ideal, I've tried a couple of times to figure out how to
> make the existing ones available as HTML.
> PDFs are great for downloading, but its also nice to have a clickable
> HTML version.
>
> Anyone know a good PDF->HTML tool?

If you had it in docbook xml,
conversion to pdf or html would be a nobrainer, right?

Now, there is this "DocBook Roundtripping",
which claims to support Apple Pages.
First hit on google is:
http://www.explain.com.au/oss/docbook/

Maybe you can leverage that,
use pages.app as your docbook xml "front end editor",
and have the best of both worlds?

> > Of course, I can
> > give you my work (Japanese version) so you will be able to publish at
> > the Pacemaker WIki.
>
> That would be great.
>
> > Finally, let me introduce myself.  I am a president of ThirdWare,
> > dedicated for Linux support vendor.  ThirdWare is its 13th year since
> > its foundation and has been working mainly on email solution and HA
> > solution.  ThirdWare is a certified partner of LINBIT and is working on
> > DRBD based solution together with LINBIT.  It is also a partner of SuSE
> > (Novell) :-)   Recently we built 30TB iSCSI target cluster using DRBD,
> > Heartbeat and Pacemaker.
>
> Nice :-)

Motoharu-san did a great job translating many DRBD related documents.

Thanks,

--
: Lars Ellenberg