[Pacemaker] Recommended versions for the cluster stack?

Jonathan jdccdevel at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 13:49:40 EDT 2009

Andrew Beekhof wrote:

>>> 0.80.5
>>> definitely do NOT use 1.x at this point.
>>>

>> This is likely the source of my problems. I am currently using 1.0.x+
>> and corosync.
>>

> Yep. You can't shut down cluster nodes at all with that version.
>

>> It was a while ago that I had to switch, but IIRC, I needed to upgrade
>> to get ocfs2 (1.4.2) working properly.
>>

> There shouldn't be any dependency between ocfs2 and openais.

It was a while ago. The project has been on hold for a month or so, but
IIRC, the problem was that the control deamons (dlm_controld.pcmk and
ocfs2_controld.pcmk) had some dependancies on openais, and wouldn't compile.

>> I will try downgrading, and see if I can get it working again.
>>
>> Do we know how long it will be before  Pacemaker is stable on openais 1.0+ ?
>>

> A few weeks.
> The patches that make it work at all exist, but they're not in any
> released version.
> Nor has the combined stack been tested thoroughly.

Do you think it would be worthwhile waiting for the new version? It's my
understanding that I should be able to upgrade a running cluster from
openais 0.80.5 to 1.0.0+. How difficult is that likely to be?

Thanks

--
J. deBoer Computer Consulting.
42 Birchmont Dr.