[Pacemaker] Resource stickiness during working hours

Dejan Muhamedagic dejanmm at fastmail.fm
Tue Oct 13 07:52:35 EDT 2009

Hi,

On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 11:55:38AM +0200, Johan Verrept wrote:
> Hi Dejan,
>
> On Wed, 2009-10-07 at 17:06 +0200, Dejan Muhamedagic wrote:
> > Yes, that's no problem, it's just that I'm not sure about how to
> > design it since the language is, well, rather flat.
>
> Might it be possible to at least let crm recognise the configuration as
> valid or ignore it even if it isn't possible to configure it?

It does ignore it, i.e. it says that the element can't be
represented in the cli language, so it won't touch that part.
Though you can still edit it in xml or, say, delete it. You can
work with the rest of the configuration as usual.

> An error each time crm is started is rather annoying, especially one
> that doesn't make much sense... (not to me, anyway).

The idea is that it should be possible to represent all CIB
constructs properly, and when it can't it's considered to be a
bug. That's why crm is so vocal about it. Though I can very well
understand that it is annoying. Yes, I think that that should
probably change in some way. The xml dump should move to the
debugging department.

Another way to deal with this, which should be soon in the works,
is to represent such elements as XML blobs...

> It's also rather
> hard to filter out when scripting.

... though that would probably break scripts as well.

crm knows when the user's not in the interactive mood, so it may
behave accordingly. Though the error message is still going to
remain, it will be less obtrusive and go to stderr.

Thanks,

Dejan