[Pacemaker] Resource stickiness during working hours

Johan Verrept Johan.Verrept at able.be
Thu Oct 8 06:03:49 EDT 2009

Hi Andrew,

  thank you for answering. cibadmin does not want to accept the snippet
though:

Call cib_modify failed (-47): Update does not conform to the configured
schema/DTD

I have corrected the end tag </instance_attributes> which should be
</meta_attributes> ? (same mistake in the manual)

I used this:

<configuration>
  <rsc_defaults>
    <meta_attributes id="core-hours" score="2">
      <rule id="core-hour-rule">
        <date_expression id="nine-to-five-Mon-to-Fri"
operation="date_spec">
        <date_spec id="nine-to-five-Mon-to-Fri-spec" hours="9-17"
days="1-5" />
        </date_expression>
      </rule>
      <nvpair id="core-stickiness" name="resource-stickiness"
value="2" />
     </meta_attributes>
     <meta_attributes id="after-hours" score="1" >
       <nvpair id="after-stickiness" name="resource-stickiness"
value="0" />
     </meta_attributes>
   </rsc_defaults>
</configuration

As a side issue, I changed the stickiness to 2 (from INFINITY). I am
assuming this stickiness value is added to the location preference
calculated for the resource? Normally, my resource has a preference for
a particular node in the cluster with value 1, this should override that
during office hours. Did I use/understand this correctly?

Thank you,

  Johan