[Pacemaker] Pacemaker Build Issues on CentOS 5.3 64-bit

Eliot Gable egable at broadvox.com
Thu Oct 29 10:00:11 EDT 2009

When building Pacemaker (1-0-78e8ab00359a) on CentOS 5.3 64-bit, I run into all sorts of errors. First, the compiler flag '-Werror' is enabled. On CentOS 5.3, gcc issues a warning when you drop a const qualifier on a pointer, which Pacemaker code seems to do all over the place (why does it do that, btw? It breaks good coding practices); so gcc terminates compilation of Pacemaker when encountering these issues.

Once I modify configure.ac to remove this flag and regenerate everything, I run into linking errors because the Makefile LIBS= line tells Pacemaker to use /usr/lib and /lib64 instead of /usr/lib64 and /lib64. I tried to fix this in configure.ac, but I'm not really an expert when it comes to manipulating configure.ac files, so I couldn't get it to work. Instead, I find myself manually modifying nearly every Makefile that gets generated to make it use /usr/lib64 instead of /usr/lib.

If someone could fix these issues quickly, it would save everyone using CentOS lots of time and headache trying to make this work. :) I would be more than happy to test any modifications for anyone willing to try to fix it.

Eliot Gable
Senior Engineer
1228 Euclid Ave, Suite 390
Cleveland, OH 44115

Direct: 216-373-4808
Fax: 216-373-4657
egable at broadvox.net<mailto:egable at broadvox.net>

[cid:image001.gif at 01CA587D.C02C5E90]
CONFIDENTIAL COMMUNICATION.  This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, please call me immediately.  BROADVOX is a registered trademark of Broadvox, LLC.

CONFIDENTIAL. This e-mail and any attached files are confidential and should be destroyed and/or returned if you are not the intended and proper recipient.