[Pacemaker] openais not being correctly stopped upon shutdown/reboot on RH systems

Nikola Ciprich extmaillist at linuxbox.cz
Tue Oct 13 03:24:37 EDT 2009

Hello,
I noticed that when I type poweroff/reboot on any of my cluster nodes,
the node always changes state to UNCLEAN in crm_mon of other nodes.
While looking into it, I've discovered that there is quite serious
problem which prevents openais stop from being executed while switching
runlevels.
It seems that redhat systems execute stop actions only when proper lock
exists at /var/lock/subsys. The lock must have the same name as the service,
ie openais. This is not the case of openais packages available at clusterlabs
repo (actually I think this is also problem of upstream packages, I haven't checked
yet).
When I changed openais initscript to create /var/lock/subsys/openais lock upon startup
and remove it at shutdown, things started working correctly...
or am I doing something wrong?
regards
nik

--