[Pacemaker] Resource stickiness during working hours

Andrew Beekhof andrew at beekhof.net
Wed Oct 7 07:58:30 EDT 2009

On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 11:21 AM, Johan Verrept <Johan.Verrept at able.be> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  I have seen this mentioned in the "Configuration Explained" manual and
> it listed the rules to use, but it didn't specify how to actually apply
> that rule to the stickiness attribute. I have looked with google and
> through the crm help but that didn't do me much good either.

>  Can I create this with the crm command and how?

I'm not sure.  Dejan would know.

> If not, how do I go about it?

Copy the following xml to blah.xml.

<configuration>
<rsc_defaults>
  <meta_attributes id=”core-hours” score=”2”>
     <rule id="core-hour-rule">
         <date_expression id="nine-to-five-Mon-to-Fri" operation="date_spec">
            <date_spec id=”nine-to-five-Mon-to-Fri-spec” hours="9-17"
days="1-5"/>
         </date_expression>
     </rule>
     <nvpair id="core-stickiness" name="resource-stickiness" value="INFINITY"/>
  </meta_attributes>
  <meta_attributes id=”after-hours” score=”1” >
    <nvpair id="after-stickiness" name="resource-stickiness" value="0"/>
  </instance_attributes>
</rsc_defaults>
</configuration>

Then run: cibadmin -M --xml-file blah.xml