[Pacemaker] BUG in master scores: negative master score leads to _stop_ of instance - why?

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Thu Oct 1 11:45:30 EDT 2009

attached is a full cibadmin -Q.

there is exactly one master slave configured,
primitive is the dummy Stateful agent.

current cluster state is "stable",
one Master, one Slave, all well.

if I now change the master score of the slave to -2 (or -5, or
-INFINITY), ptest complains about "cannot run anywhere",
and stopps it!
(which is also what we see when actually using it,
 whether with that dummy Stateful RA, or with DRBD).

I was told to use negative master scores to prevent promotion,
and I'd like to do so.  But apparently that is a no-go.

Why would a negative master score cause a slave to be stopped?

--
: Lars Ellenberg