[Pacemaker] Simple Setup ?

Raoul Bhatia [IPAX] r.bhatia at ipax.at
Tue Nov 3 08:18:02 EST 2009

On 11/03/2009 11:50 AM, Mailing List User wrote:
> Well I suppose what I run is not really the question, I want to be able to run a script or as you mention an os command when a node 'gets' the VIP. Can this be done ?
>
> As  you rightly point out, 'kill -HUP' would work but then I have to go to the trouble of finding PIDs etc. Much easier to run the /etc/init.d script with a reload parameter.

hi,

first of all, please read the documents provided at
http://www.clusterlabs.org/wiki/Documentation

second, i would try to

1. use an ipaddr2 resource for the vip
2. use a cloned group for your resources

then i would either

a. put a specially crafted lsb script doing your reload stuff into the
cloned group (2) and use constraints to start the clone *after* the vip
(1)

or b. put a specially crafted lsb script and your vip (1) into another
group and order: 1.ip before 2 before 1.reload-lsb

maybe there is a much simpler way to handle this use case?
one thing that would come to my mind is something like "run
command/script after resource $action".

cheers,
raoul
DI (FH) Raoul Bhatia M.Sc.          email.          r.bhatia at ipax.at
Technischer Leiter

IPAX - Aloy Bhatia Hava OEG         web.          http://www.ipax.at
Barawitzkagasse 10/2/2/11           email.            office at ipax.at
1190 Wien                           tel.               +43 1 3670030
FN 277995t HG Wien                  fax.            +43 1 3670030 15