[Pacemaker] PingD Failure-Timeout

Eliot Gable egable at broadvox.net
Thu May 21 17:59:52 EDT 2009

I have tried several things with resource constraints and roles (Master, Slave, and Started), but cannot seem to get both of these conditions to be met:

-          When the master pingd fails, set a negative score to force failing over to the other node

-          When the failover is complete set a positive score to allow the old master to be able to become master again

Alternatively, I have tried to fence on a pingd failure, but cannot seem to get that to work. All I have is suicide and ssh set up for stonith resources. This is my pingd resource:

      <primitive id="pingd" provider="heartbeat" class="ocf" type="pingd">
        <instance_attributes id="pingd-attrs">
          <nvpair id="pingd-start-delay" name="start_delay" value="2min"/>
          <nvpair id="pingd-dampen" name="dampen" value="60s"/>
          <nvpair id="pingd-multiplier" name="multiplier" value="1000"/>
          <nvpair id="pingd-hosts" name="host_list" value="gateway1 gateway2"/>
        </instance_attributes>
        <operations>
          <op id="pingd-start-0" name="start" interval="0" timeout="3min"/>
          <op id="pingd-monitor" name="monitor" interval="1" timeout="30s" on-fail="fence"/>
        </operations>
      </primitive>

The stonith resources correctly fence on a failure of the stop action on a resource.

Any suggestions?

Eliot Gable
Senior Engineer
1228 Euclid Ave, Suite 390