[Pacemaker] trigger STONITH for testing purposes

Bob Haxo bhaxo at sgi.com
Tue May 19 19:31:13 EDT 2009

Greetings,

I liked the idea of not starting the cluster at boot, and found that the
fenced node would reboot and then openais start brought the node onboard
without triggering a reboot of the already running node.

Then magic happened.  I chkconfig'd openais to start with boot, re-ran
the "ifdown eth0" command that had been triggering STONITH and then the
STONITH deathmarch, and, well, everything worked.  I've done this test
many 10s of times without a STONITH deathmarch.

Unfortunately, I haven't a clue as to what was changed that cleared the
issue.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Cheers,
Bob Haxo