[Pacemaker] trigger STONITH for testing purposes

Tim Serong tim at wirejunkie.com
Sat May 16 00:39:53 EDT 2009

Bob Haxo wrote:
> Ok, never mind this question.  "ifdown interface" works nicely to
> trigger STONITH action.
>
> Unfortunately (if I may ask a new question) ... I now have one server
> rebooting, then the other rebooting, and back to the first rebooting in
> what looks to be an endless loop of reboots.
>
> Suggestions?

Funny you should ask.  I wrote up some notes about this exact problem a
few days ago:

  http://ourobengr.com/ha

There is more that needs to be added to this document (thank you Dejan &
Joe for the suggestions - I'll incorporate them as soon as I am able),
but it should nevertheless be of some use to you in its current form.

In a bizarre twist, I can't help but think that there is a small tragedy
unfolding here.  Myself and my former team were working on HA at SGI
until the December round of layoffs; were it not for that event I would
likely have been able to be of direct assistance :-/

*sigh*

Tim