[Pacemaker] Force a Master resource off a node if another resource fails

Andrew Beekhof andrew at beekhof.net
Fri May 8 07:30:49 EDT 2009

On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 5:26 PM, Eliot Gable <egable at broadvox.net> wrote:
> I have determined that this appears to be something with resource stickiness. With the failure-timeout set to 5s, it was timing out the failure and switching back to the preferred node so fast that it could not be migrated to the other node. With failure-timeout set to 30s, the migration occurs such that node2 becomes master.

right, you need failure-timeout to be greater than the time taken for
your resource to move

When the first cluster-recheck-interval fires after the
failure-timeout expires, the cluster switches back to node1 as the
Master. So, the stickiness seems to be off. I am using this
rsc_default setup, which I built based on your documentation:

>    <rsc_defaults>
>      <meta_attributes id="off-hours" score="2">
>        <rule id="off-hour-rule" score="2">
>          <date_expression id="four-am-to-five-am" operation="date_spec">
>            <date_spec id="off-hour-date-spec" hours="4-5" weekdays="1-7"/>
>          </date_expression>
>        </rule>
>        <nvpair id="off-stickiness" name="resource-stickiness" value="0"/>
>      </meta_attributes>
>      <meta_attributes id="core-hours" score="1">
>        <nvpair id="core-stickiness" name="resource-stickiness" value="INFINITY"/>
>      </meta_attributes>
>    </rsc_defaults>
>
> The goal was to keep everything infinitely sticky except from 4am-5am when resources would be allowed to switch back to their preferred node. Did I make a mistake here?

It looks about right.
Can you create a bugzilla entry for this please?