[Pacemaker] crm_resource -C vs. crm/resource/cleanup

Karl Katzke kkatzke at tamu.edu
Mon May 11 11:53:36 EDT 2009

Are there any differences between crm_resource -C -r [-N] and the crm shell's resource/cleanup command? I know that both of them act on the lrmd objects, but I'm not sure if they do different things or what the preferred way of running things would be. I've been having to do a lot of cleanup recently as I'm configuring a cluster for the first time with pacemaker, and deleting objects doesn't always seem to clean up all of the LRM resource objects in the cib.

Also, what does this message when running `crm_verify -LV` mean?

crm_verify[13712]: 2009/05/11_10:25:35 WARN: unpack_rsc_op: Operation fs-mount-xen-lock_monitor_0 found resource fs-mount-xen-lock active on app-03

That resource *should* indeed be running on app-03, and it is. Deleting the resource and it's ordering/colocation dependencies, then running the cleanup script across all nodes using `resource cleanup fs-mount-xen-lock` in the crm shell was required to get rid of those messages.

I'm using pacemaker 1.0.3. on SLES11, distributed with the HA extension.

Thanks,
-K
---
Karl Katzke