[Pacemaker] DRBD User's Guide 1.2.0rc1

Florian Haas florian.haas at linbit.com
Mon Jun 29 09:26:36 EDT 2009

On 2009-06-29 15:10, Dejan Muhamedagic wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 10:32:39AM +0200, Florian Haas wrote:
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> A new version of the DRBD User's Guide is up at
>> http://www.drbd.org/users-guide. As this version has some major
>> additions to the previous release, I've decided to create a release
>> candidate this time, before declaring this an "official reference" --
>> everyone's feedback is requested and highly encouraged.
>>
>> What's new is Chapter 8, "Integrating DRBD with Pacemaker clusters"
>> (http://www.drbd.org/users-guide/ch-pacemaker.html). It
>
> This link works, but can't see it in the users-guide url above.

Sorry. Botched update a couple of hours ago. Fixed.

> 	In a DRBD backed cluster, node fencing (STONITH) is not
> 	necessary, as fencing is achieved through other means at the
> 	resource level. It is thus safe to disable STONITH in the
> 	Pacemaker cluster configuration.
>
> I don't think so. The DRBD may be safe, but in case of split
> brain or one node down, the other services may get started on
> both nodes. I'd still strongly recommend using stonith fencing.
> In spite of the warning which follows, I'd still remove the above
> item.

This is a discussion to be had in more detail, and as I'm currently
swamped, I can't put together a decent writeup. Thus I'm having to defer
this discussion.

> On openais.conf, should be better to set the rrp_mode to active,
> should have faster recovery. But I still don't know much about
> openais. BTW, did you test this with failing links?

Of course, and Lars, Andrew and myself had a very entertaining
discussion afterwards. :)

Florian