[Pacemaker] is pacemaker-gui create right XML ?

Yan Gao ygao at novell.com
Tue Jun 9 06:25:44 EDT 2009

On Tue, 2009-06-09 at 03:59 -0400, Infos E-Blokos wrote:
> Simple test,
>
> I make a copy of cib.xml created by pacemaker-gui last version
> I edit the copy and increase the epoch,
> and run the command
> cibadmin -R -o cib -x cib.xml
> Call cib_replace failed (-47): Update does not conform to the
> configured schema/DTD
> <null>
For whatever reason, you can find the details in the log.

> Is anyone can explain what's wrong in the original cib.xml created by
> pacemaker-gui ?
If you ever successfully created it, then the cib is valid:-)
But if you directly use the cib.xml under "/var/lib/heartbeat/crm", it's
not. Because the cib.xml on disk doesn't include <status> section, which
is not valid against the schema. You may want to use the output of
"cibadmin -Q".

BTW, why didn't you use crm_shadow?

Yan Gao
China R&D Software Engineer