[Pacemaker] What's going to happen with the heartbeat RAs?

Florian Haas florian.haas at linbit.com
Thu Jun 25 07:48:41 EDT 2009

Hello everyone,

This is something that's been on my mind for a while, and I'm still
looking for a definitive answer. :)

Just what exactly is the current plan for the recent changes to the RAs
provided by Heartbeat (i.e. the ones that install into
/usr/lib/ocf/resource.d/heartbeat)?  I understand there will be no
further Heartbeat releases beyond the current 2.99, so those changed
(and new) RAs won't ever be released as part of Heartbeat. Yet AFAICS
there is no ongoing effort to move them to Pacemaker. What's the plan?
Should the submitters of these new RAs re-submit to Pacemaker? Andrew
seems to not be so fond of that idea, but I wonder what the alternative is.

At this point I guess Lars' idea of all sorts of third parties
contributing and maintaining their own RAs, all of them installing into
separate provider directories, is just that: a good idea, with little
chance of being widely adopted anytime soon.

So what should we do? Keep preparing patches against the linux-ha
Mercurial repo, and submitting them to linux-ha-dev, or create patches
against http://hg.clusterlabs.org/extra/agents, and submit them to the
Pacemaker list, or something completely different?

Comments appreciated. Thanks!

Cheers,
Florian