[Pacemaker] pingd comments and metadata

Florian Haas florian at linbit.com
Thu Jun 4 02:47:44 EDT 2009

Andrew, Dejan, Dominik,

I am by no means a pingd expert, but the current incarnation in
stable-1.0 seems to have some outdated and misleading comments and meta
data. Examples:

<parameter name="host_list" unique="0">
<longdesc lang="en">
The list of ping nodes to count.  Defaults to all configured ping nodes.
 Rarely needs to be specified.
</longdesc>
<shortdesc lang="en">Host list</shortdesc>
<content type="integer" default=""/>
</parameter>

Do we even still have "configured ping nodes" in the original, ha.cf sense?

<parameter name="name" unique="0">
<longdesc lang="en">
The name of the attributes to set.  This is the name to be used in the
constraints.
</longdesc>
<shortdesc lang="en">Attribute name</shortdesc>
<content type="integer" default="${OCF_RESOURCE_INSTANCE}"/>
</parameter>

I may be mistaken, but I've never used integers as resource names. And
since they're XML IDs, I believe the can't start with a numeric
character anyway. :)

Also, checkbashisms complains about this:
possible bashism in pingd line 215 (kill -[0-9] or -[A-Z]):
	kill -TERM $pid
possible bashism in pingd line 234 (kill -[0-9] or -[A-Z]):
	kill -0 $pid

Maybe just want to change #!/bin/sh to #!/bin/bash and be done with it.

And, you probably want to update the copyright years so people don't
believe the RA has been left untouched for three years. :)

Cheers,
Florian