[Pacemaker] [Openais] Need your help.

Priyanka Ranjan priyanka3rdfeb at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 23:31:05 EST 2009

On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 6:24 PM, Lars Marowsky-Bree <lmb at suse.de> wrote:

> On 2009-01-28T15:02:30, Priyanka Ranjan <priyanka3rdfeb at gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks a lot for your reply Lars

> > Hi all,
> > i am new to openais and pacemaker. i am working on sles11 . i have three
> > questions.
>
> If you are working on SLE11, please use the pacemaker list only. These
> questions have nothing to do with linux-ha nor openais. I have set the
> reply-to accordingly.
>
> (Besides, SLE11 isn't released, so that's all beta code right now.)

 ok , i will use pacemaker list now.

> > 1) can any one tell me what resource agents are available . can i have a
> > list of resource agents which openais supports  like apache, oracle ,
> tomcat
> > etc.
>
> openAIS doesn't support any resource agents, those come from other
> packages. But in your installed system, simply look at
> /usr/lib/ocf/resource.d/
>
> This will also be documented in the Novell provided product docs, of
> course.

 i had no idea that openAIS doesnot support RA. can you send me the link of
novell doc , i may get some other useful information also.

i saw that dir and found heatbeat, lvm2 , ocfs2 and pacemaker there.
 now one question if i want to use any of these  RA  in openAIS cluster can
i use heatbeat , lvm2 ,ocfs2 or pacemaker's RA by making them provider.

> > 2)  does openais + pacemaker support SCSI  Persisten Resrvation as one of
> > resource/node fencing method. i could not find PR when i did stonith -L .
> do
> > we need to write external stonith script if we want to use SCSI Persisten
> > Resrvation.
>
> There is a scsi_reservation resource agent, but it is not used for
> node-level fencing; you can simply add it to the resource hierarchy as
> required.
>
> If you want to fence through shared storage, the external/sbd stonith
> script might be want you want.
>
> > 3) i want to create two nodes cluster. i have generated the autheky on
> one
> > node and copied it to another node.. after starting openais service i got
> > two separate clusters on two nodes. i have specified following in
> interface
> > of openais.conf.
> >
> >    interface {
> >                 #Network Address to be bind for this interface setting
> >
> >                 bindnetaddr:    198.168.2.2  # this is node1's pvt addr.
> on
> > node 2's openais.conf i have specified node2's ip address.
>
> You can simply specify the network address, no need to specify the
> explicit IP address here. (ie, likely 192.168.2.0).
>
> And if you want to use OCFS2, you must specify an explicit nodeid: field
> (1, 2, 3, 4, ... this needs to be unique on each node).
>
> > can i directly modify cib xml file to add a node or should i use  hb_gui
> . i
> > am not able to form two nodes cluster, please help me.
>
> You NEVER edit cib.xml manually. _Never_. Only through tools such as
> hb_gui, the "crm" shell, cibadmin etc.
>
> You don't need to add nodes to the configuration explicitly, they'll get
> auto-added to the CIB as soon as openais forms a ring. Try without
> "secauth", maybe the encryption is proving troublesome for you.
>
> There are docs on clusterlabs.org on how to set this all up, too.
>

> Regards,
>    Lars
>
> --

secauth is off in both openais.conf file. i have followed the openais
document. i have generted the authkey and copied it to second node also .  i
am kind of stuck here :( .
could you please help me. i have attached the openais.conf of one node with
this mail. please have a look of this and let me know what's going wrong
here.

Thanks a lot again for your help,
Priyanka.