[Pacemaker] Few questions

NAKAHIRA Kazutomo nakahira at intellilink.co.jp
Thu Feb 19 04:20:19 EST 2009

Hi, Smith

 > can you tell me what is the name of sbd daemon ?
If SBD daemon was started correctly, then
you will find the following process.

# pgrep -lf sbd
13728 /usr/sbin/sbd -d /dev/sda15 watch
(sbd command path and device name are depends on your system.)

This SBD watch process checks the state of the mailbox slot
on the shared disk. If the "reset" message is written in the
mailbox slot, then SBD watch process reboot the node.

But, It seems that OpenAIS + Pacemaker doesn't correspond to SBD.
Heartbeat init script has functions to start SBD daemon, but
OpenAIS start sequence has no process to start SBD.
(Excuse me, I was misunderstanding that your system is
  Heartbeat + Pacemaker.)

As an alternative, The SBD daemon can be started by
executing the following command.

# sbd -d /dev/sda15 -D -W watch

To Stop SBD daemon, execute the following command.
# sbd -d /dev/sda15 -D -W message LOCAL exit

Best Regards,
NAKAHIRA Kazutomo