[Pacemaker] very urgent

Dominik Klein dk at in-telegence.net
Mon Feb 16 05:31:41 EST 2009

Glory Smith wrote:

>> we kill the node with STONITH.
>> very hard for a machine to write to shared media when its powered off.
>>

>> we can kill nodes when:
>> - nodes become unresponsive - nodes are not part of the cluster that has
>> quorum
>> - resources fail to stop when instructed
>> - resources fail in any way (optional)
>>

> 1) well if somehow STONITH fails to kill the errant node and the node is
> still alive , it will be able to do IO on shared disk.   this can cause data
> integrity issue right??

No resources of an errant node will be recovered (failed over to anither
node) until the errant node has been successfully shot.

> 2) suppose we have set STONITH action to reboot then the errant node can
> comeup and still write to shared disk , even if it does not suppose to do
> this.

If you start anything outside of the cluster: probably. If not (which
would be kind of sane), the cluster will just see the returning node and
decide if any/which resources should be started there. That - of course
- depends on your configuration.

Regards
Dominik